Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Norton Cinema

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Norton Cinema

    Took in a flick there tonight for the first time. Greatly disappointed.

    The picture was just as grainy/fuzzy as the drive-in, the sound was too loud and the seats weren't all that comfortable.

    Once again I ask, why half-ass the thing when you could have taken a bit more time and made a really nice theater. It is as if the owners think sound and seating make a movie. None of it means jack squat unless you've got a quality picture. And theater 3 certainly does not have a quality picture.

    I do like the fact that it is close and smells a great deal better than Coeburn. The sad thing is that they could have added another screen had they not wasted all that space on games.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    i have not been there my self guess i should not be ina hurry to go then huh lol

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    I've never had a problem with the picture quality, nor have I been to a theater locally that has had better picture/sound quality overall. I think you're expecting way too much. This ain't no IMAX.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    Tinseltown in Bristol and Marquee in Kingsport both beat the pants off of what I saw last night.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    Were they better in both sound and picture quality, or just mainly the picture? I haven't been to Tinseltown in a pretty long while, but the last time I was at the Cinemall in Abingdon, it seems like the sound/picture was about the same as what's found at the Norton Cinema.
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tinseltown in Bristol and Marquee in Kingsport both beat the pants off of what I saw last night.</div></div>

    Those are only the best two cinemas in a reasonable drive's distance from most of us. And last I was at the Cinemall, it was about the same as Norton--but still was better than Norton is currently.

    What they need to do is optimize each theater, digitally & acoustically...I don't think they've done that yet. No matter what we can/can't complain about--Norton's screens have potential to be pretty good. They simply need to fix the volume issues and fix the picture quality issues...once that's done, they'll be close to Marquee/Tinseltown...until then, they're the best we've got in Norton/Wise County.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    I agree 100%, they need to go digital with the picture like every theater in the Tri Cities area. ALso, every movie I have watched there has been far to loud. So loud in fact that it makes the dialog sometimes hard to make out, usually because they background music is far to heavy.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    I've been to a couple at Norton and have been fine with the quality. Of course I'm not hard to please at the movies. As long as I can see and hear the movie, I am fine!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •